You're allowed to lodge an objection, but it can't be a personal one.
So, in a similar way, I could tell you all the reasons why I want Witches of East End to be picked up for a third season. I could tell you how, as a busy mother of two and working writer, that my “me time” is precious and few and far between.
That, when I actually got some quiet “me time”, this show really made my night and had me enthralled from start to finish. I could add how gutted I was when the announcement was made that it had been axed. After all, the reason why WOEE was cancelled certainly wasn't down to it being a bad show - far, far from it!
But, I won't. Instead I'll give you some bloody good reasons why Witches of East End should be renewed, for the good of lots of us (around 110, 000 actually at the time of writing) - and that brings me to my first one:
1) 110, 000 people and rising can't all be wrong. This show made an impact on many lives and it wasn't a small one, just check out the petition!.
2) The acting talent in the show is unrivalled. Never before have I seen a show where the acting is so natural that it draws you in completely. The crew clearly work wonderfully well together. Why waste such a great combination of talent?
3) The show has fantastic actors, writers and producers. These people aren't going to be out of work for long at all. Please renew it now before they get snapped up elsewhere.
4) At the end of last year Madchen Amick said in an interview that the cancellation of Witches of East End was because of people not watching it live. Well, how about 110,000 watching the premiere of season three live, and that’s just for starters?
5) It's great for the whole family. How can a show conjure up such emotion and intensity, while being suitable for children too? There has to be some magic in there and I think it's down to the perfect way the show’s makers allow the mind to wander and become part of it. Pure elegant, beautiful class.
6) It's the latest in an illustrious line up which includes Twin Peaks, Charmed and True Blood. Yes, I'm old enough to remember Twin Peaks, but don't tell anyone! Like the shows that went before it - and I've been a fan of all of them - this show has something truly special. Where do you think all these WitchEEs have come from, after all?
7) You might be wondering how you can guarantee the show will be a success in season three? Check this out http://ipetitions.com/petition/renew-witches-of-east-end
8) Cliffhangers… Now this might sound personal, but I'm not the only one desperate to know what's going to happen next… Who’s the Daddy? What will happen to dashing Dash? Will Killian be saved and will Aunt Wendy make a return from the underworld? I'm dying to know! Sorry if I sound like a geek, but like I said, it has drawn me in and there are hundreds of thousands of us like me!
So, you network bosses and media moguls out there, please see when you're on to a good thing and snap Witches of East End up for a Season 3, before it's too late. This show is gorgeous, exceptional and magical through and through and I think the last few months have proved just that. And it's not just a U.S. thing either. This show is now an international phenomenon and I'm just one of the many Brits who absolutely love it. So what are you waiting for…?